Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Leroy Is Well

Hello,



Leroy was lying on the floor by the bathroom when I came home Monday evening. He was cold and miserable, declaring with unusual firmness for Leroy, “I am not going to take the rest of that liquid.”



I checked the jug of colonoscopy prep, noting that he had consumed more than half, but not quite what I thought he should get into his body. However he was so emphatic that I did not argue, but tried to figure out how to make him a bit more comfortable. The first thing was to turn up the heat. After that I looked over the instructions and saw that he could have some warm tea or broth. He was tired of broth so we checked the teas. He did not want any of them but settled for some warm water with a very small amount of honey. Sitting at the table and drinking that made him feel a little better. He even looked at the newspaper comics before he went to bed. He was up just a few times in the night before I asked him about taking some more that prep stuff. Amazingly he said, “I too think I should take more, I am going to finish it.”



We both felt better about that. Guess we are people who like to follow instructions. When we got to the appointment, they said it was all good. He does have some diverticulosis. That is probably what caused the inflammation when he had his fainting episode.



At any rate it is not a cause for concern at this time.



Paula

No comments: