Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Appreciate Health

Hello,



I am so amazed that I do not appreciate health when I have it all the time, but usually after a short illness I realize how wonderful it is. Seems that is a picture of much of life, appreciate something when it has been absent for a while.



Will that be true of Leroy if he dies before I do? I must appreciate all his good qualities now while I still have them around to irritate me. Each night before we go to sleep we give each other a compliment. We have been doing this for some 40 years. The hard part is that sometimes we challenge ourselves to give the partner a new compliment. Once in a while one of us can still come up with something new, but it is a struggle. However I do not mind hearing the same compliment a few times over.



Going back to health, I am impressed with how much our bodies can heal and grow back together. For instance think about a broken bone or cut skin. We may not be bionic, but we are quite wonderfully made.



Even when a part is missing on a body, there is often an alternative way of doing things. And to think we have a brain that can figure out some of those possibilities. Now technology helps people in many ways, perhaps contributing to that bionic body that was not possible when I was a girl.



Paula

No comments: