Sunday, November 4, 2018

Walking in the Rain

Hello,



When Leroy and I were ready to leave the house for church we had a little discussion about walking or driving. With an outdoor check of the current conditions which was just a little rain we set out with umbrellas up and mostly sensible shoes on the feet. About two blocks from home the intensity of the rain picked up. We did not turn back but kept up a positive outlook with comments that it still is not too bad, but Leroy said, “My pants legs will be wet by the time we get to church.”



I had little to no sympathy as I was wearing tights so my leg skin was less protected. In addition, my umbrella is much smaller. I had started out carrying the backpack, but asked, after a time, “Could you carry the bag as I think my umbrella does not cover it and me very well?”



As I knew he would, Leroy immediately took on that load while I held his umbrella so he could get his arms through the straps. Team work is still alive and well in our house.



On the walk home the rain was considerably less, however, from time to time there was a bit stronger wind. I was happy to be out. We cut through the close college campus and enjoyed one solitary tree that had not yet lost the bulk of its leaves. Besides looking at leaves which carpeted the ground in many places we also keep a sharp eye alert for the puddle. Our grandchildren might walk through them, but we walk around them.



When home, we did put Leroy’s pants on the clothes rack so they could dry. The umbrellas stayed down on the porch until they were almost dry. What a gift space is.



Paula

No comments: