Friday, November 16, 2018

Better, but...

Hello,



I woke feeling quite chipper, did two loads of clothes, went grocery shopping, came home, and sat for a while before putting away the groceries because I no longer had much energy. After eating a snack I felt better.



Did I mention that I hung the clothes out? The prediction was to get to 41 degrees F. Seemed to me that would be good to dry clothes especially the sheets. However, it was not that warm and felt quite damp so I brought everything in. I was tired once more.



I spent some time reading The Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra. I so appreciated the writing and phraseology, but the subject was hard. It was about the wars in Chechnya. It ended in 2004 when we lived in Slovakia. I knew things were not good, but not as bad as they were portrayed in this book. This gave it a more human form. There was also something written about the sex trafficking. I remember reading about that when in Slovakia because they seemed to prey on girls from Eastern Europe. I had not been to that part of the world, but it still felt close. I am astonished that so much terrible seems to happen in my back yard and I just do not know about it until later.



Tomorrow I will go to work for the entire day, or at least the seven hours that the library is open. In the evening we have a symphony concert. I will not push myself too much. Supper will be done by the crock pot and Leroy. So I can relax about that. Saturdays are not so busy sometimes at the library. I am hoping tomorrow will be one of those days.



Paula

No comments: