Thursday, November 15, 2018

Home for Objects

Hello,



There are some things in my house that have no home. For instance, we had an energy audit. Part of that was that they put in a new more upscale aerator on the kitchen faucet. After he made the switch the guy gave me the original and told me, “Put this away so if something should happen to the new, you will have the old to return to the spot.”



I have no drawer for old aerators! I put it under the sink and hoped that I would remember what seemed like a good storage place when I thought of it. Leroy suggested putting it in the file cabinet with apartment issues file. That is a fine suggestion, but I do not like bulking up the files.



Another example of the mystery home, I bought a new pair of leather mittens. I have not worn them outside, but I believe I will like them. They came with a sample of wax for weather proofing leather. I put that on the gloves only to find that I used less than half of the amount in the plastic package. The instructions seemed to indicate that it would be good on any leather. When Leroy comes home I will see if he wants to use some of it on his gloves or shoes. If not then I have o find a home for this, because of course, I would not want to throw away such a valuable thing. I could spend days searching for it.



I am feeling better today, but only stayed at work for three hours. Tiredness started to become more pronounced, plus someone who is to have cataract surgery Monday did not want to come close to me or have me handle any of their materials. Not sure why I feel obligated to go to work even when a little bit ill. I suspect I did spread my germs freely here and there. A nap helped, but I have had a hard time waking up from that. Tomorrow will be better. I have the day off so no need to go to work.



Paula

No comments: