Friday, February 10, 2017

Research Study and Step Tracking

Hello,

Leroy has been chosen for a research study that involves chocolate. He sent in the survey a long time ago to let them know that he was willing to do it, but had heard nothing back. Yesterday his “pills” came. He is to take three a day. He could be taking a placebo. They sent a year’s supply. This is to last three years so he will get more. It is from a college in the eastern USA. I just glanced at the info so I do not remember. I do remember that the word women’s was in the title of the study, but apparently they want to check the results for men as well. Even though this involves chocolate, he does not get to eat chocolate, but just takes these tasteless pills. I was surprised that he seems rather pleased to be doing this. Usually he grumbles when he has to fill out a survey. This survey was not so long as to be off his time allotment.

I have been enjoying my Fitbit Zip. The big issue is that it is difficult for me to get it to connect to the computer. Sometimes I have to reset it. Other times I just grumble a lot and try again later. Supposedly it is to record steps every 15 minutes, but that is not happening for sure.

Leroy got a new watch at the same time that he found the Zip. He got the watch because it was marked way down for clearance and the date and time display was so large. It also tracks his steps as well as recording his pulse. However he thinks the step tracking is less than accurate. He wonders if it is tracking his arm movements. But he is still pleased that he has the date on the watch.

I had gotten him a watch when we lived in Slovakia. I tried to take it back when I learned that he had also gotten one from Sarah and Stephen which he liked better since it looked good and had the date. Unfortunately I could only get a different watch and not get my money back so I just kept it. His Swiss watch died consequently he did start wearing that one which I had given him. Now he is happy again with his bargain find.


Paula

No comments: