Sunday, February 5, 2017

Life in the fast or slow lane

Hello,

Yesterday I found a Fitbit Zip at less than half price. Now was the time to try it. After we got home I forgot about it, but remembered today to get it set up on my computer since I do not have a mobile device with which it would work. After an hour I still was not functioning even though it talked about easy set up. I finally wailed to Leroy. He came into help with no real assistance as he spent much time reading over much of the things that I had just read. We tried to get it to work on either the tablet or the laptop. For some reason when I went back to the laptop one time it just worked and I could finish setting it up. Now I have walked quite a number of steps. However, as I told Leroy, “That was not a calming stress less experience contributing to my health.” Fitbit healthy indeed!

We both laughed. So maybe health was restored.

We ordered Leroy’s birthday present from me to him. Since I do not have a pay pal account he did the ordering himself. I needed to make a quick run to a dollar store so I brought him a dinosaur that lights up when agitated. Leroy laughed and seemed to enjoy that.

Leroy’s goal is to read all of the Louis L’Amour books. He had a list of all the books on which he would check off the finished items, but he could not find the list. I located that list in a collection of short stories by this author. Leroy was ecstatic. He finished the short stories this afternoon. That guy Leroy is a speed reader compared to me. But then he never reads such serious books as I do. So he tells me his stories require little thinking, but offer much escape. Apparently I am not generally into escape, but only feel like it is time well spent if I learn something new or can ponder some social situation. I learned when we did personality studies that I like doing things the hard way.


Paula

No comments: