Sunday, February 19, 2017

Leroy is Ill and I am walking

Hello,

Leroy did not go to choir on Wednesday because his throat was scratchy. Thursday evening when he came home from teaching a class he declared that he felt quite fine. Friday morning when he woke he realized that he could not go to work, especially to visit people in the hospital. He stayed home yesterday, and again today. His head is full, nose running, and coughing. He thinks he feels somewhat better today and is not quite so tired. Many people have talked about how hard it is to get over this coughing thing. We are hoping that he defies the odds and manages sooner than expected to be normal or close to it.

I have been enjoying my Fitbit and walking more than usual. Several days I have passed the 10,000 steps goal. I can tell that I have let myself get lax. It has also reminded me that I must do my exercises. Generally that is yoga. I have always done some, but now I make sure it is 30 minutes worth. This device was well worth the little bit I paid for it. I have it clipped to my pants waist, in a pocket, or on my underpants. That all works well, but I do not record all steps as I do not get it on so early in the morning.

A woman at church talked about her experiences walking on the Appalachian Trail. Another woman came up to me after and asked if I was ready to go. Almost! Leroy talks about doing parts of it at a time. We might be able to handle that. I am not sure that I could carry enough stuff with me. The walking seems possible, but not the load. That woman was in her 50’s so I am leaning on my age as the excuse for not hopping on the trail tomorrow.

Leroy is most saddened about the nice weather when all he feels like doing is sitting in the sun reading. He wants to be doing those little odd jobs that he can think of.

Paula

No comments: