Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Gift Giving

Hello,

Because I did not give my co-workers anything for Christmas, I thought I should bring them something from my trip. That was a serious decision. In retrospect I do understand why people give candy of one kind or another. It is the easy choice. I found some pecans and thought that might be a good idea, but the price per pound totally destroyed my enthusiasm. It was double what I pay for my almonds or walnuts. What makes them so special?

From there I wandered around the store looking for just that Texas thing. Because I am so practical there were many rejects. Finally I was in the cast iron skillet area. These seem to be made by a local company. However the skillets would be too heavy to take back on the plane and the individual cost was also unappealing. Hanging close they had some silicone handles that would protect the hand. What an excellent choice! I got one for each friend only to learn after I was out of the store that they were made in China. When I told my co-workers about this saga they all laughed. I guess they liked them, but I have to remind myself that I am not responsible for their reaction or enjoyment.

I am not sure why, but it seems to me that other people make it look so easy and they come up with the perfect gift. Perhaps my parents did not teach me well. It is nice to blame someone else. There were not many gifts given at my home, but I should figure it out from the example of others. Someday I might get all of life skills mastered, but I am only thinking of one at a time. I can still live many years because there is still so much to learn.


Paula

No comments: