Friday, February 24, 2017

Ironies

Hello,

We have had such beautiful weather which would have been great for traveling. But we did not even go out of town except for me going to work. That could hardly be called traveling since it is so regular in my life.

Last night we had a serious rain storm complete with lightening, thunder, and hail that popped against the windows waking us up feeling grateful to be in a secure house and distressed because it spoke of that storm being different to the north.

Grandson Logan is celebrating his birthday tomorrow. Leroy and I plan to go, but we are keeping a close eye on the road conditions and weather conditions. The snow is concentrated in an area that we need to travel through to get to Logan’s house.

Leroy went to work this morning and we are hoping that later means better travel by giving the storm time to move on and road crews to do their best work.

I am astonished that we can fly with only a carryon bag each plus that other personal bag. For some reason when we plan a car trip we pack it in to the max. I am trying this time to lighten the load although I am packing a winter emergency bag as well as our pillows which we like to take with us when we can.

Last night when I came home a guy I had seen knocking on a door two houses down, came up to the garage. He asked, “Can I borrow a jack?”

I said, “Yes if I can find one. I looked around the garage and saw none, but remembered that the car had one. I opened the truck. He gratefully extracted the spare tire to get to that jack.

“I will bring it back and put this away for you,” he said.
I did not want to hang around so long as I had to go the bathroom, so I said, “Just put it here by the garage and my husband can put it away.”

It seemed to be quite a long time later that he finally returned it. However I had no idea how he was using it and how long that might take. The problem now is that Leroy cannot get it to go down so he can return it to its home in the trunk. I am not sure that we have ever used it in the ten years we have owned this car so it could be a bit tired and stuck from idleness.


Paula

No comments: