Sunday, February 12, 2017

Flowers in my life

Hello,

Leroy brought home flowers yesterday. They are sitting in the living room where I can enjoy them daily. Then the amaryllis has finally opened two blossoms with two more to come in the future. Next there is the cyclamen that had been my sister’s. It has about six blossoms and fewer leaves. It is still beautiful, but interesting how the leaves contribute to the overall effect. Too often I do not think about green leaves as being so important to the overall look. The pink Christmas cactus has many open blossoms. Now the primrose is a different story. It has had many buds that have not come to their open glory; instead them come up and drop down almost immediately. Never have I seen that before.

I am using the speaker that I got for Leroy’s birthday. Did I get it for myself? It works quite well, although son-in-law, Andy might pronounce it not the best sound because he has a well developed ear for the stellar sound quality. I do find that it works best if the Bluetooth signal does not have to go through much wall.  Since the IPod and the speaker are both small I have them almost anywhere together so it is not a problem.

I just listened to some organ music played on historic Slovak organs. This was given to me as a gift from the congregation in Slovakia when we left. I do appreciate it, but have not listened to it very often as I mostly forget to add music to my life. I am going to place music on the same wave length as flowers, as something that adds beauty to my life. No life can have too much beauty.

“Ugliness is so grim,” Lady Bird Johnson once said. “A little beauty, something that is lovely, I think, can help create harmony which will lessen tensions.”


Paula

No comments: