Friday, July 18, 2014

Just for Leroy

Hello,

Leroy is going on a staff retreat with the church. He will be sharing a room. What he wears to bed is only for my eyes and barely fit for them. Today the hunt was on for some pjs. I thought he might wear boxer shorts, but would need some new and he is not attracted to that idea.

This morning I hit the road, the shopping road that is. I started at Goodwill, but did not find any pjs or shorts that might have worked. Then it was on to Target, Kohls, TJMax, Yonkers, and Old Navy. At Old Navy I found a pair of boxers that were on clearance so they were acceptable. My last stop was Sears where I found short sleeved, short pants pj sets on clearance sale. I bought two pair one a small and one a medium so he would have the proper and comfortable fit. Then because of this deal and that deal I only paid 68 cents for the two of them. What a gift!

All of this was to save face or perhaps some other parts from the public eye. Leroy should be happy.

I have to confess to being quite tired after all this trotting around and looking. I still made two more stops for some groceries. At home I climbed the stairs four times carrying bags. I suspect all of this walking could count as at least two miles. Two miles with weights even part of the time. Good thing I have those stairs demanding movement. It keeps me strong.

I also washed a load of clothes today. That requires at least two trips, one to hang them and one to collect them. I have the good life don’t I?


Paula

No comments: