Sunday, July 13, 2014

Our Utah Trip

Hello,

I did not keep up with the news very well while we were gone. Either someone was using one of the computers or I was otherwise occupied when I might have written.

I think I told you that Leroy and I flew on different planes. At Salt Lake airport we both rode the light rail to a stop close to Miriam’s house. After deplaning I looked for the Trax stop, could not see a sign stood in line at the information booth for a brief respite when I suddenly spied a sign. As I walked out the door I was looking for a place to buy a ticket when a helpful officially uniformed woman asked if I were planning to ride the Trax. She then helped me get my ticket. The only thing was she was going to get me full price fare when I told her that I was a senior. She exclaimed that she did not think I was and asked my age. She agreed that 66 was old enough to get the lower fare. Do you think she was flattering me? Almost never has anyone thought I was younger than I am.

No one was there to help Leroy when he came. Miriam also commented that she has not seen anyone  helping there. Where did this woman come from? Had she heard that a helpless person was coming? I was grateful for the help, but I think I could have managed on my own. At least Leroy zipped right through the process when he came and even managed to get on the train that meant he had to take the famous Bradway walk through the airport to get there in time.

I am rather amazed that we are such “old hands” at air travel. I certainly would not have thought such a thing because 20 years ago was when I took my first commercial airplane trip. How things change!


Paula

No comments: