Thursday, July 10, 2014

Home Again

Hello,

We are both home again from our Utah trip. Miriam, Olivia (age 7), Nora (age 6 in a week) and I all rode home together. In Iowa we needed to stop the mosquitoes from biting so bug spray was required. One of the girls asked, “If it is bug spray why don’t we spray it on the bugs?”

Another girl said, “Why didn’t the mosquito die when it sat on my arm with the bug spray on it?”

No, or few mosquitoes can be found in Utah. Such an Iowa education! In spite of the bugs, I love the green of the countryside.

Books on tape are great companions for a long road trip. When the story was rolling all was quiet in the car.

Miriam can drive the long distance. The new car with six forward gears and a little different touch was not for me, Miriam thought. I did not force the issue, but almost wish I had as I wondered how it all handled.

Leroy was home before or about lunch time on the day we left and we took two more days. Which is better? It depends on your purpose.

I am happy to be home, but still a bit tired. I worked seven hours today. Tomorrow I need to do laundry and grocery shop. Plus those gardens might require a bit of care. I did stop and pick mulberries on the way home from work so that left little time to relax.

Paula

No comments: