Saturday, July 19, 2014

Dreams and Gardens

Hello,

Last night I woke at 3:00 to the sound of a stressed young voice saying, “Mommy.” My heart was beating fast as I looked to the side of the bed for one of my children who was not standing there. Then I checked to see if it was one of my grandchildren asking for their mother, but they were not there either. It was not really part of the dream I has having, but it seemed such a terribly real insertion. It disturbed me. I even wondered if I should start calling my children to see if something were wrong, but I had no idea who would need the call. A phone call in the middle of the night with no good reason behind probably would not be welcomed by any of them.

I finally went back to sleep to sink into other dream scenes.

Leroy and I went to the garden early this morning thinking we might pick and can green beans. However there was only a handful left to pick. Our urging and advertising is working as others are coming to get a meal’s worth. I am pleased. One person even posted that they weeded as well. The only downside is that I will not get much canned for next winter, but we will manage as we have in the past. This is after all, a community garden. It seems to be a very positive force in the neighborhood. More positive forces are always welcome.

Now if you want turnip greens there is a great crowd of them enjoying the sunshine.

On Facebook, I posted a recent picture of the garden in our front yard. I thought you might like to see that.


Paula



No comments: