Friday, June 7, 2013

Shopping and a phone call

Hello,

It is a quiet day because Leroy is gone, but I found ways to fill in the time. I have done a larger than normal amount of grocery shopping because Brian’s kids, Sophia and Logan will spend time with us. I made many trips from the car to the house and up the stairs. Where is pack horse, Leroy, when I need him? He is resting at a conference on cataloging. It is our first experience having grandchildren come and stay without parents in tow. Leroy and I are looking forward to it. It is amazing how much higher the food bill was than for just the two of us. I kept wondering how low income families manage. It could be a scary deal to go food shopping when you would have to make some serious choices. A life of crime might seem attractive in comparison.

In the afternoon I made a call to Sears because I have not received a credit on my credit card for a returned item. It has now been a month. I had called about two weeks ago and the helpful woman I talked with told me it shows up as having been processed. She suggested that we give it another two weeks. I got caught up with a robot when I first called today. After three minutes I realized that I could not access a live person the way I was headed as I looped thought some of the same conversation. After I stopped that call and simply called a department it all went much better. Not solved, but it hopefully will be in the next couple of days. I had written the woman’s name down so I could speak with the same person. She did remember our conversation and she was quite surprised that it had not been solved. I do not like to make these types of calls, but I don’t know why. Not one person with whom I spoke was discourteous or unwilling to help. I have an old tape playing in my head that it is not an easy thing to do. I suspect I got that from my mother. She would almost never do such a thing nor would she ever return anything if she could avoid it. Nothing like blaming mom for present day feelings.


Paula

No comments: