Monday, June 17, 2013

Kid Activities

Hello,

I am not so great a planning ahead properly. I took the kids to the local zoo which is really a farm animal exhibit. It seemed to me that it should be open until about 8:00 pm. However it closed at 7:00 pm. We got there just a scant fifteen minutes ahead of closing. That turned out to be a little bit exciting as they were putting the birds to bed.  This became quite fascinating as some of them raced around trying to avoid bed; others were so eager to get there they waddled or raced right to the pen. One of the staff commented, “It is great to see you so enthusiastic. I wish my grandmother had been like that.”

Since it was not yet bedtime we headed off to the splash pad park even though I had no idea when the water was turned off. Oops, I remembered that I should get gas because we were leaving promptly in the morning to meet Brian and Jan with the goal of returning children to their parents.

When we got to the park it was full of children running around on the splash pad because of the hot weather. As we pulled in I realized that I was so unprepared for this. The kids did not have on swim suits nor had I brought towels, but now it was too late to go home and retrieve those things before closing here. Most of the children I saw had on regular clothes even if they had thought of towels. So I sent the kids in and hoped for the best.

Then I remembered that I should have ear plugs for Logan who has tubes. They seemed somewhat shy of the water at first so I hoped it would not matter. Also I heard a girl say the water was cold. Some of the water was a mist rather than a spray and that helps too. It was only towards the end when another child slung a water bottle Logan’s way that I thought it might be a problem. I asked the girl not to throw water on Logan. A father heard and came over with dog in tow, “What is going on?”

I explained that I did not want Logan to have water thrown on him because he is only two. To which this dad replied and pointed, “Well he is only two and he is fine.”

“He has ear tubes and should not have water in his ears,” I explained.

To which the dad informed me, “He also has tubes and we just let him do everything.”

There was no more water thrown at Logan while I had a rather long conversation with this guy who certainly thinks differently than I do.

When we got in the car Logan cried a little because his diaper was soggy with water. I had the kids take off their clothes in the car so they would not sit in them. Home was close so it was not much of an issue. They certainly enjoyed it even though granny was not ready in any way.


Paula

1 comment:

Colleen Wear said...

Just my opinion, but that dude was rude and inconsiderate! Hope Logan didn't have trouble with his ears.