Friday, June 28, 2013

Frustration

Hello,

Yesterday, Leroy came home from work with the Wi-Fi adaptor for the phone. He had it delivered at work so someone could sign for it. I volunteered to do dishes as Leroy usually does them after the evening meal thus allowing him to get the adaptor set up and the phone working again. Two hours later, when it was to take just ten minutes, he was still working with it. He had even called the company whose service representative stated that the signal was weak. This is in spite of that fact that this set up has worked for us for ten months. Admittedly there are a lot of devices drawing power from this source. Our land lords have two computers, an IPad, an IPhone, and a TV that use it from time to time. There might even be more that I do not know about. Then we have two computers that are not on all the time, an IPod, and formerly the home phone.

When we asked permission to try this equipment closer to the router it was still not able to pick up the signal in their living room. It seemed the adaptor was not working all the time. We did plug the phone box right into the router and it worked. So we know that equipment is still good. I am grateful that Leroy is dealing with all of this. For some reason it made me so agitated last night that I could not even stay in the house while he was talking to the phone company. I had to go outside. I wonder, “Am I depressed? Am I mentally ill? What is happening to me?”

Hopefully we can get this cleared up in a week or two. Leroy is at least strong enough to tackle it once more. He is not sure that they will give us our money back on this adaptor. I want to just sent it back and go to a store here and buy one even if it is not the company brand. At least a return would be easier.

I am grateful that we each have a cell phone even if we do pay by the minute. I can also make outgoing calls on the computer with Google and that is a blessing.


Paula

No comments: