Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Excitement and frustration

Hello,

Excitement and frustration seem to live side by side in a life. Seeing two young squirrels in the tree next door excited me a great deal, but it was hard to share that with Leroy when I came home last night. I have a picture of one of the squirrels, but I am not sure that you can tell it is small. Just think the branch is big.

Leroy has purchased a new mobile phone. We subscribe to a pay by the minute program because we feel we do not use our phones so much. He was pleased to get it in the mail because it is a nice upgrade as well as he has three times the minutes for the life of the phone. The phone came on Saturday. He promptly set about porting his phone number to the new phone, a task that appeared to go seamlessly as he could do it on the website. It could take up to two days to get the SIM activated so he was no concerned that it did not happen right away. Sunday evening, I asked, “Does your old phone still work?”

When he tried he got a message to contact a rival phone service. I called his number and got another message about the same rival phone service. It happened about three or four years ago that his number, for some unknown reason, got switched to the other company. And at that point they assigned Leroy a new number with an area code for Vermont. Why we do not understand. Could it have happened again?

Because it was late Leroy said, “I will work on this after work tomorrow.”

I came home to a very sad guy who stated in a mournful voice, “I got nowhere. I can’t seem to get a live person on the phone.”

I encouraged him to send an email. He did get a response to that, but he needed to call that same unproductive phone number. He went to bed hoping to gird himself with power and fortitude for an early morning call.

In the morning for reasons unknown to us our home phone has not been working. Sometimes the internet signal is not strong enough to support it. I think that is what has happened in the past, luckily it is not often, but…

I am so full of suggestions. I suggested that Leroy go to work early and use the phone there because it is an 800 number so it will not matter if he uses that phone. That is what he did, but I do not know the result. Is no news good news or bad?


Paula

No comments: