Friday, June 21, 2013

Embarrassed


Hello,

I have been fussing with a store return that was accomplished in May. I did not see this return on my credit card statement. I have spoken several times with a nice person at the store who works with credit issues. Just yesterday she called me to tell me that the deed had been accomplished, but I needed to call the credit card company to verify the transaction. In talking with the new person I learned that the return was dated in April the same day that we had purchased the item. I had forgotten that I had gotten a coat for Leroy in that month and the return cancelled out the cost of the coat so it somehow never showed on the statement that I was looking at. I am embarrassed because I should know to check through the statement more carefully. I caused this woman to spent a lot of time working on this and it was done just a month earlier than I had expected. Why is life so full of things to learn? I thought when I reached adulthood I would know everything. Or does this just mean that I never reached adulthood? Or is adulthood different than expected?

I like to use the chrome Internet browser. Something called startnow has become attached to it. I want to get rid of it, but do not know how and Leroy is too tired to look into. From the reading I have done I cannot decide if it is a virus or not. It has not adversely affected the computer, but Chrome does not work very well anymore. It takes a long time to load. We have Norton on our computer, but I did read someone else’s statement that Norton did not stop it. I did get emails from two people that I think were hacked. I opened the email, but did not follow the links, could just opening it have released it? It was after that that I first noticed this thing.

Now I like my refrigerator that just works as it should without even complaining when it is on call 24/7 for years. What a machine! Just chugging away quietly in the background and not demanding attention! When Sophia and Logan were here they enjoyed moving the magnets and pictures on the refrigerator. They have a non-magnetized door so they cannot do this at home. Maybe there is something fun at Granny’s house.

Paula

No comments: