Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Visitors come and gone


Hello,

My sister and husband came yesterday afternoon and left this morning. It was a nice visit. They gave me some dried peppermint leaves from their yard and I gave them some library discarded magazines. We both felt good about that. I am happy to have one more person look at the magazines before they are recycled and they will grow more mint to replace what they gave us. Leroy was happy to show off his work place. So that is good.

Last night we drove to the lake and walked around. It was quite dark by the time we were finished so that was a new experience. We did not see many animals or birds as most must have bedded down for the night. Some people were still fishing when we started.

I washed some clothes this morning after they left and I am now trying to talk myself into ironing them. I did bring some cleaned DVD s home from the library and I could watch one of them while ironing and learn if it works. So that would accomplish two purposes.

I might just have to ignore the walnut stain on my jacket. It is to be treated lightly and no stain removal suggestions seem like light duty to me. Walnuts are really more like dye than not.

I will work tomorrow, home on Friday, and fly to DC early in the morning Sat, stay there until the next Friday then it is off to MN for Sophia’s birthday party. I feel busy. Will I have time to read the next book for book club? I have read it before, but certainly need to re-read it as my memory is not so clear. Because it is a library book I do not like to take it with me when I travel just in case I might lose it.

Paula

No comments: