Monday, September 3, 2012

Frustration


Hello,

I wrote to Juno using one of my other email accounts. I could read their response message just fine. They had a link I could click on, but when clicked on, the form that I needed to fill out was not there or at least not visible to me. I wrote them another note and told them I could not see the form. They sent me another note stating they needed to have me create a pin number. I checked into how to do that and learned that I needed to know my password. I feel like I am on an endless circle. They also talked about me getting rid of this account if I cannot access it and opening up another even though all of my email addressees would not be accessible to me. This is not a comforting note. I especially am concerned about any business I might be sending to this address. I did copy off the personal email addresses that I had in 2008, but none since then. I recall making several additions to the list. Hopefully my call on Tuesday will mean that I can convince some live person who hears my voice to help me out of this fix.

I have made sure that all of the rest of my email accounts are covered by another one of the accounts so I will not get in this fix with them.

Fruitlessly I have tried many times to write my password in alternate ways to see if that was how I did it.

If it is a loss, I can move on from it by trying to determine who the rest of the people are that I write to from that account. I will also have to try to think of what companies I have associated with that account.

Who would have foreseen such an issue 15 years ago? I was going to say ten years ago, but realized that it could have been the case then. We might have had our first computer 20 years ago. Wow!

Paula

No comments: