Sunday, September 2, 2012

One Issue Solved


Hello,

I stayed at church for book club meeting. While I was here Leroy checked on the computer that would not turn on. He discovered that it was the outlet in the wall that had gone bad not the computer. That is a nice simple fix. Now if my password issue can be resolved when I speak to a person on Tuesday I will be content for a time.

I just finished reading the Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. It was recommended by someone at the library and I would pass on that recommendation.

For the book club we just read Half Broke Horses by Janette Walls. I had not read the Glass Castle by her, and read that first. I found the Castle to be the better book, but this was still good. It is interesting to me how different book groups can be. Part of that of course, are the people in them. I have appreciated the fact that we are again reading book sets from the library. It certainly helps it fit in my budget. This group is collecting money to give to the library to buy a set of books. Just to buy one book for a year is not so extravagant. I like the idea that others will get some joy or at least read it too.

In the middle of September I will be going to DC to lend a hand with the grandchildren there. Sarah will be going out of the country for business and Stephen would like a little assist. It will be great to see these two girls again. It is getting close to Natalie’s first birthday. I would like to be there for that, but I will leave the week before. The last time I saw them was at Easter. It will be the first time I have flown by myself and I am feeling a certain amount of anxiety about that. Fortunately I can get on the plane here, change once in Chicago and get off in DC. No long driving trips on either end making it a little less complicated. The price was not so high, but an added bonus is that Stephen had miles to share, covering the cost making it lovely indeed.

Paula

No comments: