Friday, September 14, 2012

Traveling


Hello,

I have half of my bag packed, checked the DC ten day forecast, put in more warm weather clothes, washed clothes, made a pot of soup for Leroy, made a list, printed my boarding pass, checked about my photo ID, and twitched. It has been more than a year since I have flown and I feel a bit nervous about being in the right place at the right time. Leroy always annoys me because he is so careful about checking for flight gates, but when we fly together he does the job so I do not have to. Now I have to pretend to be the one who knows what they are doing. It is also great to have Leroy with me so I can leave my suitcase, etc with him when I take a walk or go to the restroom. Why on earth is it called a restroom? Who is resting there?

I have quite a bit of room in my bag because I am not staying for so long, although shoes are always an issue. Can I get by with just taking my sandals? Wear one and pack one? I am seriously considering it. I once read that you should wear shoes on the flight that would be good for making a fast exit and protecting you no matter what happens. Well, sandals do not fit the category, but I would wear my good water proof hiking pair so that should help, especially if there is an unexpected water landing.

It was 43F degrees this morning. Leroy rode to work with his bike tights on. Now this afternoon it has warmed up quite a bit so he can wear shorts. He has also taken some sweaters to work. He tells me that soon he will have half of his wardrobe there. Yesterday it was raining in the morning so he drove the car. It was the first time that he has done so in more than a month. He is going to bike as long as he can tolerate the temperatures. It seems to me that he could then ride the bus as it comes fairly close to his destination on both ends.

Paula

No comments: