Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Touring



Hello,

Sarah left for the airport and Tanzania just a few hours after I arrived. Stephen and the girls and I managed the end of the day and we even got to church on time Sunday morning. In the afternoon it was off for some touring. I certainly learned some new things. The first stop was the George Washington Masonic National Memorial. The first learned fact was that Washington and the thirteen presidents so listed had been masons. Many of the presidents were earlier in our history, but the last was certainly within my memory. Gerald Ford was the last, but the staunchest was Harry Truman. There were other names listed such as Ben Franklin and some military people in the revolution as well as the Civil War.

I did not take the guided tour, but only the self-attended walk through. I did not see two of the floors and did not go in all of the rooms, but it was plenty for me. There were certainly a number of boards and information in the brochure if I had read everything I would have been there much longer.

Stephen and the girls stayed outside as it was deemed they would not be so very interested. I feel a little guilty as Stephen did not get in, but he will go again another time.

Then it was on to the memorial at the Pentagon for the people who died there in the Sept. 11 attack. I thought it was tastefully done and worth the time to go see it. At least it was outside so we could all easily see it together. So if you are in town and search for something to see it is a possibility.

Things have gone fairly smoothly with the two girls. Lexi feels sad that her mom is gone and she calls for her some, especially when she fell on the sidewalk and banged her knees and hands painfully. Natalie who does not yet talk also has had some moments, but she was quite excited to go to daycare. Perhaps that is such a familiar place that she felt all was right with the world. She comes to me, but really prefers Stephen sometimes.

Paula

No comments: