Sunday, January 1, 2012

Easy Sunday

Salt Lake

Hello,

It was decided that we would all go to the first service and because of no Sunday School we would be home much earlier than usual. We still needed to take two cars because we are six people and we do not fit in anyone’s car.

Leroy and I both like to be on time so it has been a bit hard on us to almost always be late except for Christmas day service when it was only the two of us and we were almost 20 minutes early.

I was ready to go when I passed the bathroom and noticed Leroy working with the fingernail clippers. “What are you doing?” I wondered.

It was the answer, “Clipping my nails,” that made me think we would not be early.

I went on out to the cars where Miriam was loading the two children. I thought maybe I would go with her. Leroy and Andy could come in the next car. As I was thinking that Andy came up so then it seemed best to let them go as a group and I would wait for Leroy.

After Leroy arrived he thought maybe we should clean off the windshield, but decided it was just dirt. He got in and used the washer/wiper. It froze almost instantly to the windshield. He tried again with the same result. Then he tried to scrape it off with little success. He drove down their street and declared, “I can’t see.”

He pulled off to the side and we sat there until the heater came on enough to clear the window a bit. Then as we proceeded down the main drag we were obliged to stop at almost every stop light. By the time we got to church it was at least ten minutes late. This time we cannot blame the kids. It is hard for me to get in the worship frame of mind.

We now believe it is summer windshield wiper fluid. Oh well we will have time to work on that before we leave.

Paula

No comments: