Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Interview Over

Sperry, IA

Hello,

“Nervous Nellies” that we are, helped Leroy and I to arrive in town almost an hour early for his interview. Would you believe we stopped to check out a grocery store that had been remodeled after we had lived in the area? We were happy to see that they had many of the foods we would like to buy if we should happen to live here again in the future.

Leroy came out of the interview talking and all excited. He hopes that he will indeed get this job. They will let him know in a couple weeks. That seems like a long time now. He at least feels that he did the best job that he could.

While Leroy was at the interview I went to visit people from our past life. Even though I had planned to find more people to talk to I stayed the entire time with one couple. They even gave me lunch. I am impressed at how many people can provide lunch with no advance warning. Perhaps that is the best way to do it because it is much less fuss.

I am so blessed by having so many good people to visit. Generally I feel uplifted and energized from these gab fests. Why is talking and listening so satisfying? Now if only Leroy and I could be that excited to talk to each other! It is ok, but becomes routine most of the time.

We went to the storage unit yesterday with the purpose of getting out some additional or change of clothing. Leroy took out one flannel shirt and a warmer stocking cap. I decided to skip the exercise as I have adjusted to having just the clothing that we can fit in the suitcase and therefore the car. It is so interesting because about two months ago I was chaffing under the lack of change and now it feels like too much bother to deal with it as I am satisfied with what I have.

Leroy had talked about the difficulty of getting all of our things in the 10 X 15 storage space. I was astonished to see that we could indeed get more things in. He added three of his boxes of books from his office that he had forgotten. We could have even gotten in the rakes and hoes that we have in the second car. I would say that all of our possessions, excluding two cars, will comfortably fit in this space. Who needs more? Not us. But I still will want a couch, however I think our small couch would have fit as well.

Paula

No comments: