Monday, January 16, 2012

At Rest

Burlington, IA

Hello,

Leroy is attending his Spanish language group. He met with these people via the internet much of the time that we were away. He is excited to be back with them.

We will be spending the next few days with Leroy’s sister who lives about 15 miles from here. She does not have a wireless connection so I will not be writing as much as I sometimes do.

Tomorrow, I will be renewing my driver’s license if the predicted snow is not a problem. It will be good to complete that task that has been hanging around in the back of my brain since my license expired in December.

We had a wonderful visit in Chariton where we stayed last night. Then this morning we spent some time visiting with other locals. It is so good to see all of these familiar faces. I wish we had known more precisely when we were coming to town as we could have contacted more about a good time to gather. People are indeed the greatest blessing in our lives. We are uplifted and upheld. What more could we want?

I am also grateful for this computer that Leroy wanted. We have used it almost every day while we have been on the road. I am sold on it as a “necessary” item that I do not want to live without. I am not even sure why I kept dragging my feet about getting it. Even here where Leroy is meeting they have a wireless connection so I can use it with little effort on my part. We really did expect them to have the wireless since this is a community college.

We are rich indeed.

Paula

No comments: