Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Skills

New Skills
January 12, 2012
Salt Lake

Hello,

New skills we now have: how to work without stopping for two or three days, how to wash hair with lice shampoo, how to use the lice extraction comb, how to search hair strand by hair strand for eggs or nits, and how to laugh hysterically when someone wonders why we are tired. Course we already knew how to do laundry and vacuum. But today I did learn, on the Internet where else, from a public health information site that we could just put things in the dryer at high heat for 20 minutes and that would likely kill the beasts. So that was our new strategy today. It seemed to move things along much faster.

We will need to vacuum again tomorrow as well as heat up some more things that cannot be washed. After that Miriam will be on her own, as Leroy and I will be free and on the road.

Today Miriam spent over an hour with each girl carefully examining all hairs under a bright light. I helped a little, but it is harder for me because I have to take of my glasses. That means I have to stick my face almost in it as my distance vision is quite limited. After the girls were taking naps, Miriam checked my head and I checked her head. The number of eggs or nits is down considerably on all heads. Nora still had the most with something over ten. We are almost close to celebrating, but we are too tired.

The girls had to miss school today so will have to wait until Tuesday before they can go again. Nora only goes twice a week.

Finally Miriam has decided there is something good about this. No one is in pain or really bothered bodily by these intruders.

Leroy thinks it would be great if someone would invent a louse detector so we would know where to clean and what clothing items could be ignored.

Paula

No comments: