Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Job!

Edgewood, IL

Hello,

Leroy was offered and accepted the job of catalogue librarian for the Czech/Slovak Library and Museum in Cedar Rapids, IA. This job is for 18 months. Sort of our usual type, is it not? We have been perfecting this lifestyle since 1999. Leroy will start early in February, or as early we can find a place to live. That might be a bit of a trick as housing is more expensive since the flood of 2008. But God is good and will lead us to the right place. Our life has always worked, not always the way we expected, but for the best. Certainly we cannot complain about many dull moments.

Tomorrow morning we will head back to Iowa and Leroy’s sister’s house where we will probably spend the weekend. Leroy’s brother-in-law has not been well and we will help out a little. After that we will be heading north to do serious house hunting. Note to anyone living in that area, if you know of a great deal, let us know. I thought we could even be a good candidate to house sit for someone who might have a temporary job outside of the area. Because this would be a good job the house would be a mansion, right? And you all know how reliable we are too.  We could also live in a clean hovel. We are fairly flexible, but I really want ample room for my plant friends.

I am looking forward to getting to open boxes that have old surprises for me. Just what do I have in that storage unit anyway? I could name a number of things, but would be hard pressed to name everything. I suppose that means I really do not need it, but just drag it around because it seems the right thing to do. Ponder this statement: “Things; are they an asset or a liability?” I believe a clear answer is not always coming to the surface.

We look forward to this next page in our book of life with joy, anticipation, and a little bit of anxiety.

Paula

No comments: