Saturday, January 28, 2012

Once again in Sperry

January 27, 2012

Hello,

We left to a cloudy sky and arrived six hours later to cloudy and colder area. There was even a little snow on the ground here and there. Our trip was uneventful. We have put on a lot of miles without incident and we are grateful for that.

January 28, 2012

The library closed early on a Friday afternoon. Usually we were not there at that time and did not remember such. I have to go there to send my letters. Hence no letter sent yesterday.

Rex, brother-in-law, is still in the hospital, but doing much better than he has in the past week. That is so good.

We are both feeling a bit concerned about the housing hunt. We have a bit more things than will comfortably go in a two bedroom apartment. House rental appears to be costing more than we can afford on this salary. Just as this job has come surely there will be the perfect place for us. I still wonder about someone who might need a house sitter. I think we would be a perfect fit for that. Last night I was thinking about living with an older person and being their live in companions. The biggest issue with that is where to have our things, because I am looking forward to sleeping on my bed and on my pillow.

One of the people where Leroy will be working said one of the coworkers has a house to rent, but it does not have all of the modern conveniences. I wondered if that meant no dishwasher. Gerald, other brother-in-law, remarked, “Maybe no indoor plumbing.” I could certainly live without the dishwasher, but indoor plumbing would be missed daily.

So do I believe that I can live simply? Yes, but this puts me to the test to see just what are my limits. I do enjoy many things in this life that I could live without, but it might make life a little less joyful. I am not proud to admit that I do like stuff in my life. I am not quite ready to leave everything and follow God. How did those early disciples do it? Sometimes I think God is helping me learn more about myself than I want to know.

Paula

No comments: