Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Car Troubles

Sperry, IA

Hello,

Before we went to my sister’s house the windshield wiper on the car was making a clacking sound as it came to the end of the window. We did not need to use it again so we put that observation aside. On the way home when we got gas and cleaned the window, I noticed that the unit was loose in the housing. Again we forgot about it after that. Yesterday on the way to town, I decided to turn on the wiper causing the left one to careen over almost off the car. Immediately we stopped and tried to get the unit back so it was not sticking out in traffic. Perhaps we injured it more taking quite a lot of pressure to accomplish that task. At that point we decided to immediately go to the car repair place where the guy had been quite helpful in the past. I should say we also had the battery from the other car because it would not start, but that is another story.

At first the guy said he would not have time to take off the housing to look inside to see what was wrong, but for some reason he changed his mind, had us drive the car in, opened it up, took it apart, and declared that a plastic piece that is part of the connection between the wiper and the motor was broken. He called someone to ask if they had this part and the cost of it. Because the entire strip needed to be replaced instead of just that little piece it is expensive, however driving without wipers is not an option. So again I tell myself we have the money and thank God it did not get stuck in the middle of some big rain storm in the middle of rush hour traffic in a big city. We were safe.

We had planned to be in Cedar Rapids early today, but instead we will perhaps go this afternoon, depending on when and how long it takes to get this fixed. In the meantime we are trying to earn our keep by doing a little cleaning.

I thank God that I can share with all of you people, I think it keeps me sane. You are a blessing to me.
Paula


No comments: