Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What is Leroy worth?

Hello,

Leroy is at camp this week so I begin to truly see his value in my life.

He is a good nurse or fetcher or do for type person. I developed a fever last night and abdominal pains. There was no Leroy to get me anything. I had to get up myself for anything I might want. My fever was done a little this morning, but the pain was mostly still there. Then in the afternoon the fever went down as did the pain. I did look in the Mayo Clinic self care book and learned that I should perhaps see the doctor in this situation. Later I talked with Brian and he insisted that I should see the Dr. Later my fever went back up. Wonder of wonders there was a doctor free who could see me in 15 minutes. I said, “My clothes, my hair, it isn’t good.”

The receptionist replied, “You should look sick when you are sick.”

It was decided that I perhaps have dieriticulosus (or however you spell that). I can’t even find it in my misspellers dictionary. I am now on antibiotics and pain killers.

See if Leroy had been here could have driven me around, prepared lunch, washed dishes, and said soothing words.

I also know that it takes five books to replace Leroy. We do a crossword puzzle together everyday. He knows how to spell, gods and goddesses, geography, and weird science facts. I had to use the dictionary, crossword puzzle dictionary, atlas, and the almanac. The guy is so much faster than looking it up. In case you wonder I do even contribute to the solutions, but I need him.

Paula

No comments: