Thursday, June 23, 2011

Not Complaining

Hello,

Well there are just new experiences every day. I took Sophia to a program at church, picked Sophia up at noonish, and took her to daycare for the remainder of the day.

What was new in that? I had not yet driven the SUV. Jen did get it out of the garage for me so I would not have it available if the roofer came when I wanted to use it. It is also a tight fit in the garage and I was a little concerned about touching the side.

It was not so easy for me to unlock the door. “Why wouldn’t it open when I pushed the unlock button?” Finally I just used the old fashioned method and put the key in the hole. After I got it unlocked I found I was on the wrong side of the car for Logan’s seat. I am grateful for the practice session for getting the seat locked in. Experience is a good teacher.

After I dropped Sophia off I realized that I had tried to use the unlock button for Jen’s car since both keys were on the same string. Nothing like a little humbleness when feeling quite good that I had gotten Logan and Sophia ready in enough time so we would not be late. As it turned out we were not much late, but just one minute late. There were several other parents bringing their children at the same time. I was given instructions about getting Sophia’s nametag and where to direct her. Generally I do not use the buttons that open the doors on public buildings. Today I was grateful for just such a button as I was mentally kicking myself for not lifting more weights in the past. Logan is thought to weigh 16 pounds and the car seat seems much more than that. Anyway for those of us who are not used to such a weight hanging on the end of our arms it takes a bit of effort. I will be stronger.

Also the seat in the vehicle seemed just right when I drive to church, but much too far back when I left. I could not figure out how to move it forward since it did not operate mechanically as I am accustomed. Another challenge that I was able to conquer as I looked at the seat before I got in again. For reasons not understood by me I seemed to have to move it each time I started the vehicle. Could Brian set it to return to his position automatically? Or does this car just like him?

I thought I would put the car in the garage, but could not find the opener in it that I remember is built in, but where I do not know. So getting into the house the old fashioned way, do you remember you have to get out of the car and open the door? I again succeeded in the desired end result it just took longer.

The roofer guy came and finished his job so I will either use the car or walk if it is nice when it is time to pick up Sophia. Hopefully today Logan will wake at a fine time since he went to sleep at the predicted time.

Oh, before I went to pick up Sophia I changed Logan’s clothes because he urinated on his clothes, my clothes, and the chair we were sitting in. It mostly missed the diaper, but I am not sure why. Guess I did not have everything properly covered. After that it was a dirty diaper that requited clean clothes for him, but luckily not for the chair or me.

Life is just so exciting.

Paula

No comments: