Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fun and Games

Hello,

There was plenty of time for fun and games even though Brian brought and prepared most of the food making it easy to eat in our space. I am not a great fan of restaurant eating so that was an additional gift to me. Thanks Brian, you did a great job. The rest of us pitched in as needed to help prepare and clean up.

Leroy and I experienced some new things since neither of us had been at a water park before. My sister and husband had not either so all of us older ones learned at the same time as our grandchildren who were about 60 years younger. Two of them had already been so they did not learn as much as the rest of us. It was wonderful to see them go down the slides with daring and élan. The rest of the big people except for pregnant Sarah and I went down the hurricane. It looked a little scary to me and Sarah could not go down any of the slides as it is not recommended. This complex has several indoor water parks and an equal number outdoors. We just stayed indoors as it meant we did not have to worry about sunburn. I had no idea that I would like spending so much time in the water that my hair would turn to straw.

In the evening we adults played games after the children were in bed. Afternoon nap time also provided some game time. Sometimes some of the adults went and did some additional activities, but as always someone must stay with the little ones.

One morning, Leroy, Carolyn (my sister), Gerald (brother-in-law), Mark (nephew), and I went on the zip line where, sitting in a harness, we sailed along in the tree tops. All of us enjoyed it. The most difficult part was stepping off into the air the first time. Body weight makes a difference in speed and the ability to finish. For the second run when instructed to leap off, I could not quite bring my body to respond beyond a slightly more forceful step. In the end they had to throw me the rope and pull me in the last bit, but then others got the same treatment. One woman missed catching the rope and they had to go out after her as she slowly moved back the other direction. This was a short and tame experience as zip lines go with the longest segment being only 900 feet. But we still liked it.

Paula

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Glad you enjoyed the waterpark, the Dells and most importantly Minnesota. We visited the Min. Arboreteum last week and as you indicated the flowers displays are amazing.