Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weeding and Restricted

Hello,

I will tell more about the Dells later, but now I must tell about all the weeding I did yesterday. The soil was just loose enough that the roots of almost all plants pulled out easily. It is my favorite time to weed. Unfortunately that just right point only lasts for a day or two. Leroy was impressed and felt guilty about all of the ground that I covered so he had to weed in the drive. He did not finish, but covered a good bit of it. He declared it to be tiring, but satisfying. I also find weeding satisfying because things look so much better when done. Sometimes it is nice to know that something has been accomplished.

In the afternoon our neighbor’s mower came. She raked the grass in piles and I took our garden cart over and filled it one and a half times. Our garden cart is probably 30 years old and has survived many moves, but it still impresses people with its great ability to haul so much weight easily. That grass allowed me to protect the ground in the flower bed that I had just weeded as well as the corner of the garden that was clear of weeds. Now those weeds can not easily return. I wish I had had the grass on sooner as it would have kept the plants warm in our cool weather spells. As it is we are giving away lettuce and have eaten our fill. I will be alone this week so consumption will slow down.

Leroy has gone to confirmation camp in the car. He had planned to ride with someone, but that did not work out. One of our cars does indeed need work on the wheel bearings. They could not work on it until Thursday or Friday this week. Leroy thinking that I would have a hard time getting myself back to the house scheduled the repair for a week from Monday when he will be back. I am able to drive the car for limited trips around town, but out of town travel is not recommended. I had been planning to make some visits to out of town friends, but alas that will not happen. Now if any one wants to visit me you are more than welcome as I could well be lonely.

Tonight I will go to a band concert in the further end of the park. I do not mind walking there, but I am debating the energy for dragging along a chair. It is only an hour concert and I could stand that long or sit on the grass some. Tomorrow night is book club discussion and Wednesday is Bible study so I will not be totally on my own. Maybe I will learn the true value of Leroy in my life.

Paula

No comments: