Saturday, June 18, 2011

Set Back

Hello,

Yesterday, Leroy came home about 7:00pm. We spent some time visiting before we went to bed at our usual time. Leroy went to sleep; I however, struggled with nausea. At about 11:00 I got up to sit downstairs, read a magazine, sip a cup of warm water hoping to sooth and get rid of the taste in my mouth, and then I would moan occasionally. Sometime after 12:00 I lay on the couch with a throw-up receptacle on the floor. I was so distraught that I did not even cover myself even though a throw was handy and I was cold. Sometime later I realized I had better head to the toilet. I started wretchedly gagging adding another gross taste to the horrible metallic taste in my mouth, wondering why I was letting tired Leroy sleep just as he pounded down the stairs. Guess I was quite loud as neither of us think you hear well from one end of this house to the other.

He found me, saw that I was more or less okay, and withdrew to a safer distance until I was done. He had been deep in sleep and was quite disorientated. “Did you sleep yet?” was one question he asked.

“I don’t think so,” I replied, “what time is it?”

“After 1:00,” he said.

I did go to sleep in a while, but not well. In the morning I called the Drs. office hoping they would say throw the rest of that medicine away. Instead they told me that this medicine was very strong and a high dose so I should eat more when I took it, go to the emergency room if needed, and come to the office on Monday if I were not better by then. We did talk more than I have recorded, but that was the summery. I am eating more today even though I have no appetite and I have to force myself to eat what I do. Cooking is not fun and I have indeed lost some weight since this started. Hoping that tonight will be better, but again after taking that once a day pill I do not feel as good. At least Leroy is here to drive me if I need to go anywhere. It is a strange thing to be “sick” when the stuff is inside me and not contagious or really debilitating.

Paula

No comments: