Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Home through Wisconsin

Hello,

Leroy and I headed off on smaller roads for our trip home. It is true confessions, but I like smelly cheese and in order to get to Shullsburg it seemed most expedient to take first two lane roads and then county roads. Leroy drove most of the time on these roller coaster rides as we zoomed up and down hills and around curves creating our own thrill as the road would drop away over the crest of the hill. Leroy almost never zooms, but it seemed like zooming when we did not know what the next bend was going to produce. It is certainly beautiful country.

At the cheese factory they did indeed have Schmeir Brick. I pronounced it my favorite and the woman behind the counter could not believe it. “It is?” she wanted to know.

We got the rest of the block totaling five pounds. I do freeze cheese it is just not very easy to slice, but melts nicely. I learned later from their brochure that it was the most expensive cheese in the shop.

When another woman came in, the first announced, “This is her favorite cheese.”

“Wow,” was the response, “I have never even tasted it.”

Her companion added, “Neither have I. I can not get it past my nose.”

They then asked for a description of the taste and wondered what other cheeses I might like. I must be a rarity. I know that once when I tried to order it from them I could not get it. At this store they told me that they no longer send it out as people think it is spoiled and send it back.

Paula

No comments: