Thursday, June 9, 2011

At the Dells

Hello,

It was fun to arrive at the Dells and explore our accommodations. First people started choosing their rooms. It had been decided that Leroy and I should share the master bedroom because of our anniversary celebration. Because it was the largest room it was also the most logical place for the four girls to sleep.

To digress, the night before we left for the Dells Leroy and I slept in the tent with the two Utah girls who had flown in that day as well as Sophia who was at home. Everyone was excited when we went to bed, but the two youngest talked for a long time and did not enjoy stopping. When it was quite and all but the youngest, Nora, were asleep she started to cry a little. I managed to calm her down. There was also a certain amount of sliding out of slippery sleeping bags. It was an interesting night.

It was quite a bit easier for us to manage in a bed while the girls were on the floor. They were good, but again there was a certain amount of moving around. Children do not sleep in a still position I have learned. I got up at least once and covered girls or moved them.

The second night when there were only three in the room with us I heard a lot of sleeping bag rustle. When I got up and checked there was Olivia industrially precisely arranging her sleeping bag. When I tried to help, she, without a word, put it back to her satisfaction. Consequently, I just watched and made sure that she could get in and covered to I could go back to bed.

The third night I again woke to that sleeping bag rustle. This time it was Nora seeking the perfect spot and alignment. She also had some master plan in mind and only accepted a little of my help.

Leroy gets to sleep through all of this and did not even hear the people partying outside. Lucky guy!

Paula

No comments: