Friday, June 17, 2011

Wellness and the trip through Illinois

Hello,

I do feel much better today although still not 100% normal. Then there is that metallic taste that is a result of the drugs that I am taking. Seems there is always a side effect from such things. I can not remember when I last had a prescription filled other than for my bone loss prevention drugs. It felt like a new procedure because I get those other drugs from a mail order place. I also can not remember the last time I took an aspirin. I hesitate to tell you how outdated our aspirin are. I have been told that the expiration dates are not so important on them so I just ignored it.

After we left the cheese factory store it was a relatively short drive to the farm which my parents bought the year I was born and sold long after I left home. We turned in the drive even though it did not look as it once had. The people who now own it have a nursery/garden shop. It has become quite grown up with trees and brush. I suppose it is what it might have looked like in former days before the white settlers came and cleared it. We talked some with the new owner and then spent some time looking in the barn that was falling down and much smaller than I remembered although it still seemed quite tall. The house looks very nice and has been improved greatly. I did not see the inside of the house and that is ok as it would not have been the same at all. I remember the outside in need of a coat of paint most of the time. As my parents struggled to pay for the farm the beauty of the house came last on the list of necessities.

Then it was off to spend a short visit with my brother and nephew. I left a bit of cheese with them as we all like that smelly cheese. I suppose I would never really want to live the Elizabeth area again, but it is very nice to visit and reminisce.

Leroy and I do not have a clue about retirement living for us. We would like to be close to our children, but which one?

Paula

No comments: