Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Vacation ends

Hello,

I knew I was home because I had work to do. The weeds have moved in and taken up serious residence in the garden as well as in the flower beds. The rain gauge had four inches of rain sitting in it apparently with the heat, the rain it creates good growing conditions. The corn in the field behind the house seems to have grown an astonishing amount.

We have a lot of lettuce that we will have to share with others. That is one thing about a garden, generally if a plant does well it is more than enough for one family.

I weeded a small part of the garden and covered the open soil with the moldering grass clippings from our neighbor. I am so grateful to get that bounty. It is just a blessing.

Then it was time to wash and hang out two loads of clothes. The sun and heat did its work and the clothes were ready to take down, fold, and put away before lunch.

The next duty/pleasure was that of making bread. While the bread was rising a batch of granola got mixed up and put in the oven. Nothing like making a person sweat by baking on a hot day. I even had the air conditioner on. Baking in the winter is so much more satisfying as it fills the house with additional warmth.

The plan tomorrow is to do more weeding, spreading grass clippings and riding my bike to the library. That library trip is necessary because I am out of new reading material. That is never a good situation.

When I write tomorrow I will start flashbacks of our last weekend adventure.

Paula

No comments: