Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Going to Wisconsin

Hello,

Almost a week ago we set off for The Wisconsin Dells. Because it was not predictable how well three month old Logan would travel we split the group as follows: Brian’s larger vehicle carried the three men, himself, Leroy, Andy, and three girls, Olivia, Nora, and Sophia. Our car had the three women, me, Jen, and Miriam along with possibly crying Logan. As it turned out Logan was a model traveler for his age group. He needed to be changed and to eat which all required stopping, but it was not a problem.

I commented on the beautiful green scenery. Miriam who has become totally accustomed to the Utah Mountains said, “I do not find it that pretty as there are no mountains.”

That just amazes me as I feel at home and so comfortable here. How can anyone not see the specialness? She says it was nice, but the mountains are superior.

Then Andy complained about the Midwest humidity which I thought was more comfortable than sometimes. I guess this is now a mountain family.

Our condo had three bedrooms along with a den that had a door which could be closed as well a couch that converted to a bed. We all used the common areas of kitchen, dinning, and living rooms. It worked out quite well for all of us. Leroy and I shared the master bedroom with four girls one night and three the rest of the nights. It was quite fine.

Paula

No comments: