Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Working yesterday

Hello,

Even though I have no one paying me for what I do, I still manage to keep busy. Yesterday was a baking day as I made more pumpkin bread and froze some of it so Leroy can have it while I am gone. I also made regular bread and froze some of that with Leroy in mind. Course I make bread almost every week so that is not unusual. I get a certain amount of satisfaction from the physical task as well as we like my whole wheat bread. Because I had defrosted too much pumpkin I also made a small recipe of pumpkin soup.

The pumpkin has been great to have around, but it will be good to see the last of it. I am especially working on getting all of it out of the freezer since that would be hard to move, although it appears that no move will be in the near future as the call committee did not accept either of the last two candidates and it takes a while to get more names. We will probably be here until the summer, giving us plenty of time to eat up the frozen pumpkin and maybe even some of the jars of pumpkin. There is still applesauce and pickles in jars.

I go to a community yoga group three mornings with meetings at the Episcopal Church close to the hospital. We were lying on the floor doing some moves when there was a rather loud whumpa-whumpa sound.

“That must be life flight,” someone said.

The sound kept getting closer and I said, “I want to go see it touch down.”

“Just like the kids at school,” remarked a former teacher.

I then jumped up and ran to the window with the entire group following like a row of ducks. Just like the kids at school? It was an easy landing with plenty of snow kicked up in the turbulent winds.

Paula

No comments: