Friday, February 26, 2010

Hurting feet

Hello,

The day before I was to leave Utah my heels hurt quite a bit. The slippers I took were old and wimpy, could that be the problem. They pack easily because of their flexibility and thinness. Consequently, it was not comfortable dashing around the airport. I was grateful I did not have miles to walk as I sometimes do.

Once home I inspected those hurting heels as well as I could from a distance of a corkscrew twist. They looked cracked and Leroy, who had the better view, agreed. It is quite dry in Utah. I faithfully applied body lotion, but skipped my feet. At home my feet get a petroleum jelly swath nightly, not so in Utah. Now they are almost bathing in the stuff, resulting in less pain and healing. Next time will be different.

When Leroy pulled up to get me at the airport he was not in our car because it would not start again. He had called a woman in her 80’s to help him. She lives quite close and earlier when she heard we were having car trouble she offered. Because of the recent new snow fall he inched home. The road was clear most places, but there was blowing snow and some strips were quite shinny. Could that be ice? Another couple who made a later trip to the airport went in the ditch at 1:00 a.m. so we consider ourselves fortunate to get home without incident. Cautious Leroy sometimes comes out ahead.

Today the car was inspected by a mechanic with the conclusion that the floor mat had slipped under the clutch. The car will not start if the clutch is not down all the way. At any rate all the electrical data checked out fine. That would explain the erratic nature of this problem since I know that mat moves around some. That floor mat has caught on the clutch sometimes when I try to shift. Personally I think we should throw it out but Leroy does not sound ready to do that. I say, “So what if the floor under the pedals looks bad, then we can buy another mat or even keep this one and put it back.”

Paula

1 comment:

Colleen Wear said...

Aha! Even Saturns have errant floor mat problems? I got my Toyota recall today, one for the floor mats and one to put a shim in the accelerator pedal, neither of which do I think is really the problem. Fortunately I have had no problems with mine and am not very worried about it.