Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trip Home

Hello,

I was home again late on the 23rd, but yesterday was busy so I did not write. The trip was mostly uneventful. Daughter Miriam believes there is no reason to sit around in the airport and wait to board the plane. That is just how it worked out. I was to be there 15 minutes ahead of boarding, having checked in on line before we left the house.

At the airport I opened the back car door to give 19 month-old Nora a good-bye hug and kiss. When I said, “Granny is leaving.” Nora burst into tears. Perhaps she was afraid that her mom was leaving again, but Miriam reported that she was sad for sometime. Olivia who does not connect as tightly with me was ok about my leaving.

After I got through security I had planned to fill my water bottle, but at the gate there was a line of people boarding the plane so I just got in line and on. Now that was a little less waiting time than I desire. Miriam tells me they must have started to board early, probably true since we did not leave for 20 minutes. The plane was small and it did not take us long to get on.

In Denver we could not park right away because another plane was at the gate. My next flight left in 40 minutes and more than 25 minutes of that was used waiting. Then in the airport I had to find a departure board to learn that the gate was back in the direction that I had come from. Again it seemed there was no time to fill the water bottle as people seemed to be standing in line. However, they announced that as soon as the plane was clean we would board. I called Leroy to let him know my status. Some time later, time enough to have filled the water bottle, they announced that we would board as soon as they replaced a seat. This time I waited until I was seated on the plane to call Leroy and tell him that we would be about 30 minutes late. He was already on the road since he had to travel by car about as long as I did by air. But it all works out.

Paula

No comments: