Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In Utah

Hello,

Here I am in Utah without my phone charger and watch. I can’t decide which is worse to be missing. I had to search for the clocks in the airport because I did not want to turn on my phone and run down the battery just looking for the time of day. I can say that airport clocks are not as plentiful as I might have thought. After all the phone is most important because I must be able to call Leroy and tell him my flight status so he can get me at the proper time. Now that I am at Miriam’s I can use the phone here eliminating that problem and once I found the clocks time is not a problem either.

Again we left for the airport before the crack of dawn, but it was light when we arrived there. Leroy took the long way safer way to my disgust. As it turned out he was probably right as there were places even on that road that had drifted and needed some extra caution. After we got to the four lane highway, it was noticeable that the traffic was not generally going the speed limit. Figuring that they were regular commuters Leroy let them set the pace. Luckily we had allowed enough extra time to get to the airport just when it was necessary to be there.

Even though all of the extra snow is not welcome by most, the airplane window view was quite beautiful with all of the snow cover allowing wiggly creeks to be seen as they meander through the landscape. Then it was on to sectioned fields and wooded areas. As we climbed ever higher I could see something moving on the ground, something that stayed in the same area and seemed to be waving back and forth. Was it something mechanical? Oh, it was the shadow of a wind charger on the snow, before the plane got too high ten of them were visible. Later on there were strange brown squares or rectangles down there. Could that be wooded areas with brown branch tree tops hiding the snow in their midst? Not long after we were over some cloud cover and the ground was not visible until some place in western Nebraska or eastern Colorado where there was little snow on the ground. The shade was lowered on the window in the mean time as requested so others could see the entertainment screen or sleep. Most shades were up however, so I did not feel obligated to keep mine all the way down either.

Paula

No comments: