Sunday, February 14, 2010

Busy Sunday

Hello,

“What time is it?” I wanted to know as I saw Leroy up and looking out the window.

“It is 5:30,” he said, “I’m going to go out and shovel snow.”

I lay for a while longer, but soon got myself out to the driveway. Leroy was nearly ½ done by this time. There was almost three inches out there. We finished the job by 6:00. We went back in, got ready for the day, and started eating breakfast. “It is snowing again,” I said sadly.

By the time I came home from church about two-three hours later I again needed to clear the driveway of an additional 1-2 inches. Leroy arrived just as I was about done. This shoveling gets harder all the time because the piles of snow are getting so high I have a hard time getting the snow over the top. It continued to snow, but I cannot motivate myself to get out there again. Leroy is at a meeting. He will maybe have some time later in the evening to sit and relax. Some think ministers only work on Sunday and it is indeed a big day, but not the only one.

The car started every time that Leroy turned the key today. I suppose it will run for another couple weeks before it balks again. Just wish we knew what to do to correct the problem.

I propped up the amaryllis that now has four flowers open. It was decidedly listing to the side. My fix does not look elegant, but it works. It is a paint stick and old shoelace that came to the rescue.

I have several people signed up to walk with me through the Lenten season. We will not actually walk at the same time, but we are all trying to walk 2 miles a day for 40 days which comes to 80 miles. That is the distance from Nazareth to Jerusalem. Leroy took six sheets to the smaller church and he could have used one more. I had to work a little harder up here at “selling” the idea. Different groups, different responses.

Paula

No comments: