Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl and Boots

Hello,

Those two subjects have nothing to do with each other, but I want to talk about both.

We again went to the Super Bowl party. Someday I guess I should learn something about football so I can handle these things if I am going to go again. This time no board games were pulled out so I was “stuck” looking at the screen and wishing I had brought a book since I have started reading at least five of them. Anyway I did learn who was playing and I did ask what something meant at one point, the problem is I need explanation for almost everything in the game. All I see is a group of men throwing, kicking, or running with a ball. I realize they want to make goals, but it takes such a long time to get there that it difficult for me to sit there and appear interested. It is all so serious. Guess I should be glad that some people like this rather than some more unappealing things.

The snow started sticking to the car and the ground so Leroy wanted to go home before the end of the game because we had to drive a winding road for 20 miles. Guess what? I did not argue to stay even though at that point they did get out some board games.

I sent my great, but leaky, Nike boots in to the company to see if they could fix them. Online it stated that they were sending me a voucher in the mail. I mourn the passing of those boots. I had thought about waiting until winter was over since I could wear the boots if it were colder than 25 degrees.

The voucher can be used at the Nike store online, but they no longer have these boots. The only boots they have are some that did not appeal to me. Plus I could only get about two toes in them as size 5 or 6 were the only ones left. Sadness is in my heart. Maybe by fall they will again have some boots in their selection and hopefully the price will not be so high that I can get them with the voucher. Hopeful is the feeling now.

Paula

No comments: