Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Money

Hello, Just when we thought we needed to take some money out of savings to cover expected expenses, we got money from unexpected sources. We are getting a tax refund from the federal government. We cannot remember when such a thing last happened. I actually do not mind paying taxes in the end of the year as long as I have some money available. I also see that my social security has finally been figured out for the year they had me as not working so I will also get a check for the back amount. We are richer than we thought. Is this a place to apply that saying of “Counting your chickens before they hatch?” We were just counting on the negative instead of the positive. This should help me to realize that I must relax about many things that are not so visible. Things are not always the way they appear. It is a beautiful sunny day today. However, there is a strong wind and not high temperatures. My friend came with no hat, no gloves and a light jacket. Luckily, my downstairs friend saw him and loaned him a scarf, hat, and gloves. He made the walk just fine, although we were both ready to be done by the time we got back to the house. Leroy did not ride his bike today. That is probably a good thing. He is taking it much easier than he has in the past. Age or sensibility is catching up with him. Paula

No comments: