Friday, March 15, 2024

Bandage Off

Hello, The bandage was loose this morning, so off it came. My nose was much redder than I had expected and there was quite a bit of blood in the gauze. Somehow it seemed like a small job, therefore there should not be so much evidence of something out of the ordinary. It was hard to wash it off because I did not want to touch it. Then I had to apply some petroleum jelly, which gives it a noticeable shine. Guess I am ready to play Rudolph with no additional makeup. It was not hard for me to go out in public with the bandage on my nose, but I feel hesitant to go out now. Leroy and I will deliver neighborhood newsletters this afternoon. I will go to the pharmacy this morning to refill a prescription. Hopefully, by Sunday when the choir sings in church it will all look better. So many people told me they thought I was brave to go out with that bandage on, I wonder what they will thing of this. At least it does not hurt so in that sense it is no big deal. It is just cosmetic. Those who had “face planted” would ask if that is what I did. They would then proceed to tell of their experience. The skin cancer people would assume it was that, again there would often be some explanation. This crowd is falling or skin cancer survivors. Good group to be in, survivors. Leroy forgot to water the plants at the museum so he rode his bike there now. He can also stop at the library on his way home. It is a nice day out. He did not ride to work yesterday because we had a nice amount of rain. The rain barrel is not full, but heavy so that is good. Paula

No comments: